Q & A Blog Series: Family Economic Security & More

Translación en español le sigue.

In just a few weeks, the COVID-19 pandemic has had profound impacts on the lives of all Connecticut’s families and children.  A virus with no vaccine, no treatment, and no prior human exposures to enable us to develop some individual and herd immunity, it sweeps through country after country, state after state, town after town.

In doing so, it reveals the glaring gaps in our healthcare system, and in our historically-underfunded public health infrastructure and our grossly under-inclusive safety net programs that help keep people healthy. But the COVID-19 pandemic also demonstrates the capacity of Connecticut communities to creatively work to adapt to this temporary new “normal” as we try – collectively – to keep us all healthy and safe.

Although the federal government’s response has greatly lagged, our state and local government response in Connecticut has not.  This COVID-19 “Q & A Blog Series” blog post focuses on challenges families with children may be facing around income, food assistance, utilities, housing and more, and the state’s actions as of March 27, 2020.  Recently enacted federal changes will buttress our state’s response so the next blog posts will describe these federal actions.



Paid Sick and Family Leaves and Unemployment Insurance

What if I’m out of work because of COVID-19, for what might I be eligible to help me support our family? 

If you are out of a job or have lost job income on account of this crisis (e.g., were furloughed, laid off, had hours cut back at work, your business was required to close, or you can’t work because you’re sick or must care for someone who is ill or for children whose schools/child care programs have closed), see our March 21 Blog on Paid Leave and Unemployment Insurance and the CT COVID-19 FAQ sections “Unemployment Insurance” and “New Paid Leave Option Under the Coronavirus Emergency Relief Package.”

Note that the CT Department of Labor has suspended the requirement that workers directly impacted by the pandemic who are applying for new unemployment benefits be actively searching for work; Connecticut also has no waiting period.

Since our first Blog was posted, the US Department of Treasury/IRS provided guidance to small and medium businesses about how to get immediate, full reimbursement for COVID-19 related leave costs (payroll costs related to paid leave, as well as health insurance costs during a child care leave period).  For its notice, that includes examples of how to recoup expenses, click here and take a look at the CT Department of Insurance announcement.

NOTE: The third COVID-19 related bill being passed by Congress markedly expands supports for workers impacted by this crisis.  The third blog in this special series will provide a summary of the full range of income supports that will now be available.

Cash Assistance

What cash assistance might be possible for my family?

Connecticut’s Department of Social Services (DSS) administers various cash assistance and other “safety net” programs (e.g., Temporary Family Assistance Program, SAGA/state administered cash assistance).  For more details about these programs, click here.  You can access benefit and application information, and apply for benefits online, 24/7 or by calling 1-855-6-CONNECT (1-855-626-6632).

DSS offices are closed to the public (at this point until March 27 pending further evaluation as the crisis evolves). Click here for full information on ways to contact DSS online, by phone, by mail, and at office drop boxes.

I’m already getting cash assistance/TFA, or plan to apply. Have any requirements have changed because of the COVID-19 crisis?

Yes!  You do not have to go, in-person, to recertify your eligibility to continue your benefits.  Instead, call the DSS Benefit Center to have a phone interview at 1-855-626-6632 (TTD/TTY 1-800-842-4523 for persons with speech or hearing difficulties).  Also, if you were scheduled for a TFA orientation meeting for Jobs First Employment Services, you do not need to come in person to the JFES office at this time. For updates, periodically check the CT COVID-19 FAQ section “Renewal of Application for TANF Benefits.”

Also, by Executive Order 7N, any benefits received during this public health and civil preparedness emergency are excluded from Connecticut’s 21-month statutory lifetime limit on receipt of TFA benefits. So, if you are on TFA don’t worry about these months counting against the limit, and if you earlier were on TFA and used up your 21-months, you may be eligible again to apply.



How will students who rely on school breakfasts and lunches get them?

COVID-19 Emergency Meal Program.  The SDE has developed two emergency programs that let school districts continue providing free breakfast and lunch on weekdays during these school closures. For one, specified school districts are authorized to serve meals only to students who attend their schools (and any other child age 18 years or younger residing in the same household).  In the other, the program is community-wide; districts can distribute meals to any child age 18 years or younger at any distribution site; the children do not have to be a resident or attend school in these specified towns. To see which program applies to your town, click here.

The schools are using a combination of locations for meal distribution – the schools themselves, parks, YMCAs, town offices and other locations.  Meals do not have to be consumed on the premises.  Only one child in a household need be present to pick up multiple meals for every child in the household. Families are asked to maintain physical distancing when picking up the meals.  Check with your local school district to get instructions about its program.  For updates, periodically check the CT COVID-19 FAQ section “Meals for Students Who Need Them.”

I’m having trouble putting food on our table.   What other help is there?

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).  SNAP, formerly known as Food Stamps, helps eligible families afford the cost of food at supermarkets, grocery stores and farmers’ markets. For eligible people, benefits start at $194/month for a family of 1, $646/month for a family of 4, and more for larger families. By federal action, SNAP’s work requirements and time limits for Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWDs) have been suspended for the duration of this public health emergency. Also, if you are enrolled in SNAP now and your renewal form or periodic review is due soon, DSS has extended deadlines for renewal by six months (so if due in March 2020, benefits will be continued until September 2020; if due in April 2020 until October 2020; if due in May 2020, until November 2020).

For information about SNAP income eligibility guidelines and benefit amounts, you can call: (800) 842-1508 or click here.  To apply, click here.

WIC.  The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children provides federal grants to states for supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk.  For more details about the program, visit the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

For these and other food programs in the state, visit the CT Department of Social Services.  To identify other specific programs in your area that can help you with food and how to apply, Connecticut’s United Way 211 program can provide answers.  Call 800-203-1234, and/or visit these useful websites: United Way 211 and United Way 211 Category Search.  To help you identify specific programs for which you might now be eligible, visit United Way 211 Navigator.



I’m also worried about paying my utility bills!  What can I do?

Don’t worry. Connecticut’s Public Utilities Regulatory Authority suspended any shut-offs for both residential and non-residential customers for all electric, natural gas, and water utilities for the duration of this declared emergency regardless of your payment status. This applies to the following gas, electric, and water companies regulated by PURA:

  • Gas: Connecticut Natural Gas Corporation, the Southern Connecticut Gas Company, and Eversource
  • Electric: Connecticut Light & Power Company (Eversource) and the United Illuminating Company
  • Water: Aquarion Water Company of Connecticut, the Avon Water Company, the Connecticut Water Company, the Hazardville Water Company, Heritage Village Water Company, the Jewett City Water Company, the Torrington Water Company, Valley Water Systems Inc., Old Newgate Ridge Water Company Inc., and Preston Plains Water Company

If you are facing imminent shutoff notices, or your utilities were shut off, call PURA at 1-800-382-4586. This moratorium, however, does not apply to fuel oil.  Operation Fuel is still taking applications and can be reached at 860-243-2346, or by email at info@operationfuel.org.

What about internet access?  We rely on it to keep up to date and connected with family, and my kids need it for school!

Almost every internet provider in the state has signed on to the FCC’s Keep Americans Connected Pledge.  This means that companies will:

  • Not terminate service to any residential or small business customers who can’t pay their bills, and waive any late fees they might otherwise incur, because of disruptions caused by COVID 19.
  • Open all WiFi hotspots to the general public.

Multiple providers are also providing free Internet to help ensure all school-children can continue the school year on-line. For many more details about which companies signed the pledge, are offering free Internet, and what other changes cable internet and cellular data providers have adopted to markedly expand and speed up access, particularly for low income families, visit the State of Connecticut – Information on Internet Access.



My work hours were cut because of the coronavirus and I’m behind in my rent.  Can my landlord evict me during this crisis?

No. In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Connecticut has stopped all new and existing eviction proceedings through May 1 and the ban may be extended as the outbreak continues. If your landlord has filed a case in court to evict you, the case will not proceed at this time.  If your landlord already has won a judgment to evict you, you’ll be able to stay in your home through May 1, and maybe longer.  We will update these deadlines if/when they are extended. You must still abide by your lease terms during this period, paying any rent as you are able. For more information, call Statewide Legal Services at 800-453-3320.

I’m worried about making this month’s mortgage payment now that my business has slowed due to the coronavirus. What will happen if I can’t make a payment?

Check with your mortgage service officer directly to discuss your options as they vary depending on the type of loan you have and your situation.  As of March 18, the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) directed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to suspend all foreclosures and foreclosure-related evictions for at least 60 days to help borrowers who are at risk of losing their home because of the COVID-19 outbreak. Homeowners with single-family mortgages backed by either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac are protected. The FHFA has also announced that mortgage payments for such loans are suspended for up to 12 months due to the hardships caused by this coronavirus.  If you have an FHA-insured loan, there is a similar hold on foreclosures and related evictions.  Because of these holds, state courts have extended until early June the dates for all foreclosure sales and the day when you must leave you home.  Note: depending on the course of the pandemic, deadlines may be pushed even further out. We will try to keep you updated.

For some additional information about housing, visit the following websites:



Do I still have to file my state and federal income tax returns on April 15?

No, you don’t.  Deadlines for both individuals and corporations to file income tax returns have been extended 90 days, to July 15, 2020.  The same extension applies to Connecticut estimated tax payments for the first and second quarters of 2020.  If you’re owed a refund, you may still file now with CT DRS.  For more information, see: the CT COVID-19 FAQ “Filing State and Federal Taxes.”

I need to go to the DMV for some reason.  What should I know?

All CT Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) branch offices are closed until further notice; DMV services will be provided online, through the mail and by phone.  You can renew online or by phone at 800-842-8222 or 860-263-5700 (in the Hartford area, if possible).  However, know that DMV extended by 90 days the expiration dates for many DMV credentials that expire between March 10, 2020 and June 8, 2020, including: state driver’s licenses, learner’s permits, identity cards; disabled parking placards; emission tests and retests; vehicle, vessel and registrations; and DMV-issued business licenses.  No late fees will be assessed.  For additional updates, visit the DMV and the CT COVID-19 FAQ section “Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

What do I do if a store is really marking up the price of something I need in this emergency time? 

The Governor’s declarations of emergency trigger a state law that prohibits profiteering during emergencies.  Violators can be subject to fines or other action from the Department of Consumer Protection and the Office of the Attorney General.  For information about filing a complaint, click here.

I’m worried about not being able to pay my insurance premiums.  Any relief?

The Insurance Commissioner has asked companies issuing any type of insurance in Connecticut (life, health, auto, property, casualty and other types of insurance) to provide their insureds with at least a 60-day grace period to pay insurance premiums so the policies are not cancelled for non-payment.

I have other family needs that this blog has not addressed.  Where do I go?

Connecticut’s United Way 211 can answer questions about what state resources exist to meet many other needs as well as other, non-medical questions you might have about the COVID-19 pandemic.

Recognize, however, that this crisis is impacting everyone in the state, so it may be harder to reach people and some programs may be overwhelmed or even closed.


Author: Shelley Geballe, J.D., M.P.H., Distinguished Senior Fellow

Preguntas y respuestas Serie de blogs: Seguridad económica de familias y más

En solo unas pocas semanas, la pandemia de COVID-19 ha tenido profundos impactos en la vida de todas las familias y niños de Connecticut. Un virus sin vacuna, sin tratamiento y sin exposiciones humanas previas que nos permita desarrollar cierta inmunidad individual y colectiva, se extiende por país tras país, estado tras estado, pueblo tras pueblo.

Estas circunstancias revelan el vacío evidente en nuestro sistema de atención médica, y en nuestra infraestructura de salud pública que históricamente no ha sido financiada suficientemente y nuestros programas de seguridad muy poco inclusivos que ayudan a mantener a las personas saludables. Pero la pandemia de COVID-19 también demuestra la capacidad de las comunidades de Connecticut para trabajar creativamente para adaptarse a esta nueva “normalidad” temporal mientras intentamos, colectivamente, mantenernos sanos y seguros.

Aunque la respuesta del gobierno federal se ha retrasado mucho, nuestra respuesta del gobierno estatal y local en Connecticut no. Esta publicación de blog de la “Serie de blogs de preguntas y respuestas” de COVID-19 se centra en los desafíos que las familias con niños pueden enfrentar en relación con la salud y la atención médica, y las acciones del estado a partir del 27 de marzo de 2020. Los cambios federales recientemente aprobados reforzarán la respuesta de nuestro estado para que El próximo blog describirá estas acciones federales.



Pago por enfermedad y seguro familiar y seguro de desempleo

¿Qué sucede si estoy sin trabajo debido a COVID-19, para qué podría ser elegible para ayudarme a mantener a mi familia?

Si no tiene trabajo o ha perdido ingresos de trabajo debido a esta crisis (por ejemplo, fue suspendido, despedido,  le redujeron las horas de trabajo, su negocio tuvo que cerrar o no puede trabajar porque se enfermo o debe cuidar a alguien que está enfermo o para niños cuyas escuelas / programas de cuidado infantil han cerrado), consulte nuestro Blog del 21 de marzo sobre licencia pagada y seguro de desempleo  y las secciones de preguntas frecuentes de CT COVID-19 “Seguro de desempleo” y “Nueva licencia pagada Opción bajo el paquete de alivio de emergencia Coronavirus “.

Tenga en cuenta que el Departamento de Trabajo de CT ha suspendido el requisito de que los trabajadores directamente afectados por la pandemia que solicitan nuevos beneficios de desempleo estén buscando trabajo activamente; Connecticut tampoco tiene período de espera.

Desde que se publicó nuestro primer Blog, el Departamento del Tesoro de los EE. UU /IRS de EE. UU. Brindó orientación a las pequeñas y medianas empresas sobre cómo obtener un reembolso inmediato y completo por los costos de licencia relacionados con COVID-19 (costos de nómina relacionados con licencia pagada, así como costos de seguro médico durante un período de licencia de cuidado infantil). Para su aviso, que incluye ejemplos de cómo recuperar gastos, haga clic aquí y vea al anuncio del Departamento de Seguros de CT.

NOTA: El tercer proyecto de ley relacionado con COVID-19 aprobado por el Congreso aumenta considerablemente los apoyos para los trabajadores afectados por esta crisis. El tercer blog de esta serie especial proporcionará un resumen de la gama completa de apoyos de ingresos que ahora estarán disponibles.

Asistencia en efectivo

¿Qué asistencia en efectivo podría ser posible para mi familia?

El Departamento de Servicios Sociales (DSS) de Connecticut administra varios programas de asistencia en efectivo y otros programas de “red de seguridad” (por ejemplo, Programa de Asistencia Temporal para Familias, SAGA / asistencia en efectivo administrada por el estado). Para más detalles sobre estos programas, haga clic aquí. Puede acceder a la información sobre beneficios y solicitudes,  y solicitar beneficios en línea, 24/7 o llamando al 1-855-6-CONNECT (1-855-626-6632).

Las oficinas de DSS están cerradas al público (en este punto hasta el 27 de marzo, hasta que se vuelva a evaluar la crisis). Haga clic aquí para obtener información completa sobre cómo comunicarse con DSS en línea, por teléfono, por correo y en los buzones de la oficina.

Ya estoy recibiendo asistencia en efectivo / TFA, o planeo presentar una solicitud. ¿Han cambiado los requistos debido a la crisis de COVID-19?

¡Si! No tiene que ir, en persona, para volver a certificar su elegibilidad para continuar sus beneficios. En cambio, llame al Centro de Beneficios DSS para tener una entrevista telefónica al 1-855-626-6632 (TTD / TTY 1-800-842-4523 para personas con dificultades de habla o audición). Además, si estaba programado para una reunión de orientación de TFA para los Servicios de Empleo de Jobs First, no necesita venir personalmente a la oficina de JFES en este momento. Para obtener actualizaciones, consulte periódicamente la sección de preguntas frecuentes de CT COVID-19 “Renovación de la solicitud de beneficios de TANF”.

También, según la Orden Ejecutiva 7N, cualquier beneficio recibido durante esta emergencia de salud pública y preparación civil está excluido del límite legal de por vida de 21 meses de Connecticut al recibir los beneficios de TFA. Por lo tanto, si está en TFA, no se preocupe si estos meses cuentan contra el límite, y si anteriormente estaba en TFA y agotó sus 21 meses, puede volver a ser elegible para presentar una solicitud.



¿Cómo los obtendrán los estudiantes que confían en los desayunos y almuerzos escolares?

Programa de comidas de emergencia COVID-19. El SDE ha desarrollado dos programas de emergencia que permiten que los distritos escolares continúen brindando desayuno y almuerzo gratis durante la semana durante estos días que las escuelas están cerradas.  El primer programa provee que los distritos escolares específicos están autorizados a servir comidas solo a los estudiantes que asisten a sus escuelas (y a cualquier otro niño de 18 años o menos que resida en el mismo hogar). En el segundo el programa es de toda la comunidad; los distritos pueden distribuir comidas a cualquier niño de 18 años o menos en cualquier sitio de distribución; los niños no tienen que ser residentes o asistir a la escuela en estas ciudades específicas. Para ver qué programa se aplica a su ciudad, haga clic aquí.

Las escuelas están utilizando una combinación de ubicaciones para la distribución de comidas: las propias escuelas, parques, YMCA, oficinas municipales y otras ubicaciones. Las comidas no tienen que ser consumidas en el local. Solo un niño en un hogar debe estar presente para recoger varias comidas por cada niño en el hogar. Se les pide a las familias que mantengan distancia física cuando recojan las comidas. Consulte con su distrito escolar local para obtener instrucciones sobre su programa. Para obtener actualizaciones, consulte periódicamente la sección de preguntas frecuentes de CT COVID-19 FAQ  “Comidas para estudiantes que las necesitan”.

Tengo problemas en poner comida en nuestra mesa. ¿Qué otra ayuda hay?

Programa de Asistencia Nutricional Suplementaria (SNAP). SNAP, anteriormente conocido como Cupones para alimentos, ayuda a las familias elegibles a pagar el costo de los alimentos en supermercados y mercados de agricultores. Para las personas elegibles, los beneficios comienzan en $194/mes para una familia de 1, $646 / mes para una familia de 4, y más para familias más grandes. Por acción federal, los requisitos de trabajo y los límites de tiempo de SNAP para adultos con discapacidad sin dependencia (ABAWD) han sido suspendidos por la duración de esta emergencia de salud pública. Además, si está inscrito en SNAP ahora y su formulario de renovación o revisión periódica vence pronto, DSS ha extendido los plazos de renovación por seis meses (por lo tanto, si vence en marzo de 2020, los beneficios continuarán hasta septiembre de 2020; si vencen en abril de 2020) hasta octubre de 2020; si vence en mayo de 2020, hasta noviembre de 2020).

Para obtener información sobre las pautas de elegibilidad de ingresos de SNAP y los montos de beneficios, puede llamar al: (800) 842-1508 o hacer clic aquí. Para aplicar, haga clic aquí..

WIC El Programa Especial de Nutrición Suplementaria para Mujeres, Bebés y Niños otorga subsidios federales a los estados para alimentos suplementarios, referencias de atención médica y educación nutricional para mujeres embarazadas, lactantes y no lactantes de bajos ingresos, y para bebés y niños hasta cinco años que se encuentran en riesgo nutricional. Para obtener más detalles sobre el programa, visite el Departamento de Agricultura de EE. UU.

Para estos y otros programas de alimentos en el estado, visite el Departamento de Servicios Sociales de CT. Para identificar otros programas específicos en su área que pueden ayudarlo con los alimentos y cómo solicitarlos, el programa United Way 211 de Connecticut puede brindarle respuestas. Llame al 800-203-1234 y / o visite estos sitios web útiles: United Way 211 y United Way 211 Category Search. Para ayudarlo a identificar programas específicos para los que ahora podría ser elegible, visite United Way 211 Navigator.



¡También me preocupa pagar mis facturas de servicios públicos! ¿Que puedo hacer?

No te preocupes La Autoridad Reguladora de Servicios Públicos de Connecticut suspendió todos los cortes tanto para clientes residenciales como no residenciales para todos los servicios eléctricos, de gas natural y de agua durante la duración de esta emergencia declarada, independientemente de su estado de pago. Esto se aplica a las siguientes compañías de gas, electricidad y agua reguladas por PURA:

  • Gas: Connecticut Natural Gas Corporation, Southern Connecticut Gas Company y Eversource
  • Eléctrico: Connecticut Light & Power Company (Eversource) y United Illuminating Company
  • Agua: Aquarion Water Company de Connecticut, Avon Water Company, Connecticut Water Company, Hazardville Water Company, Heritage Village Water Company, Jewett City Water Company, Torrington Water Company, Valley Water Systems Inc., Old Newgate Ridge Water Company Inc. y Preston Plains Water Company

Si enfrenta avisos de cierre inminentes, o si sus servicios públicos se cerraron, llame a PURA al 1-800-382-4586. Esta moratoria, sin embargo, no se aplica al aceite. Operación Fuel todavía está aceptando solicitudes y se puede contactar al 860-243-2346, o por correo electrónico a info@operationfuel.org.

¿Qué pasa con el acceso al internet? ¡Confiamos en que se mantendrá actualizado y conectado con la familia, y mis hijos lo necesitan para la escuela!

Casi todos los proveedores de Internet en el estado han firmado el Compromiso Mantener Conectados a los Americanos de la FCC. Esto significa que las empresas:

  • No van a suspender el servicio a clientes residenciales o de pequeñas empresas que no puedan pagar sus facturas y no cobrar cualquier cargo por mora en el que pudieran incurrir, debido a interrupciones causadas por COVID 19.
  • Abra todos los puntos de acceso WiFi al público en general.

Múltiples proveedores también ofrecen Internet gratis para ayudar a garantizar que todos los niños en edad escolar puedan continuar el año escolar en línea. Para conocer más detalles sobre qué compañías firmaron el compromiso, están ofreciendo Internet gratis, y qué otros cambios han adoptado los proveedores de datos de Internet por cable y celular para expandir y acelerar el acceso, particularmente para familias de bajos ingresos, visite el Estado de Connecticut – Información en Internet Acceso.



Mis horas de trabajo se redujeron debido al coronavirus y estoy atrasado en mi alquiler. ¿Puede el propietario desalojarme durante esta crisis?

No. En respuesta al brote de COVID-19, Connecticut ha detenido todos los procedimientos de evicción nuevos y existentes hasta el 1 de mayo y la prohibición puede extenderse a medida que continúe el brote. Si el propietario de su hogar ha presentado un caso en la corte con una orden de desalojamiento, el caso no continuará en este momento. Si el propietario de su hogar ya ganó un juicio de desalojo, podrá permanecer en su hogar hasta el 1 de mayo, y tal vez por más tiempo. Actualizaremos estos plazos si/cuando se extiendan. Aún debe cumplir con los términos de sus condiciones de alquiler durante este período, pagando el alquiler que pueda. Para obtener más información, llame a Servicios Legales Estatales al 800-453-3320.

Me preocupa hacer el pago de la hipoteca de este mes ahora que mi negocio se ha desacelerado debido al coronavirus. ¿Qué pasará si no puedo hacer un pago?

Consulte directamente con su oficial de servicios hipotecarios para analizar sus opciones, ya que varían según el tipo de préstamo que tenga y su situación. A partir del 18 de marzo, la Agencia Federal de Financiamiento de la Vivienda (FHFA, por sus siglas en inglés) ordenó a Fannie Mae y Freddie Mac que suspendieran todas las ejecuciones hipotecarias y los desalojos relacionados con la ejecución hipotecaria durante al menos 60 días para ayudar a los prestatarios que corren el riesgo de perder su hogar debido al COVID-19 brote. Los propietarios con hipotecas unifamiliares respaldadas por Fannie Mae o Freddie Mac están protegidos. La FHFA también ha anunciado que los pagos de la hipoteca para dichos préstamos están suspendidos por hasta 12 meses debido a las dificultades causadas por este coronavirus. Si tiene un préstamo asegurado por la FHA, existe una retención similar de ejecuciones hipotecarias y desalojos relacionados. Debido a estas retenciones, los tribunales estatales han extendido hasta principios de junio las fechas de todas las ventas de ejecuciones hipotecarias y el día en que debe abandonar su hogar. Nota: dependiendo del curso de la pandemia, los plazos pueden extenderse aún más. Intentaremos mantenerlo actualizado.

Para obtener información adicional sobre la vivienda, visite los siguientes sitios web:



¿Todavía tengo que presentar mis declaraciones de impuestos estatales y federales el 15 de abril?

No, no tienes que hacerlo. Los plazos para que las personas y las empresas presenten sus declaraciones de

impuestos se han extendido 90 días, hasta el 15 de julio de 2020. La misma extensión se aplica a los pagos de impuestos estimados de Connecticut para el primer y segundo trimestre de 2020. Si se le debe un reembolso, usted todavía puede presentar ahora con CT DRS. Para obtener más información, consulte: Preguntas frecuentes sobre CT COVID-19 “Cómo presentar impuestos estatales y federales”.

Necesito ir al DMV por alguna razón. ¿Que debo saber?

Todas las oficinas del Departamento de Vehículos Motorizados (DMV) de CT están cerradas hasta nuevo aviso; los servicios del DMV se proporcionarán en línea, por correo y por teléfono. Puede renovar en línea o por teléfono al 800-842-8222 o 860-263-5700 (en el área de Hartford, si es posible). Se sabe que el DMV extendió por 90 días las fechas de vencimiento de muchas credenciales del DMV que vencen entre el 10 de marzo de 2020 y el 8 de junio de 2020, que incluyen: licencias estatales de conducir, permisos de aprendizaje, tarjetas de identidad; carteles de estacionamiento para discapacitados; pruebas y reevaluaciones de emisiones; vehículo, embarcación y matriculaciones; y licencias comerciales emitidas por el DMV. No se impondrán cargos por demora. Para actualizaciones adicionales, visite el DMV y la sección de preguntas frecuentes de CT COVID-19 FAQ  sección “Departamento de Vehículos Motorizados (DMV).

¿Qué debo hacer si una tienda realmente aumenta el precio de algo que necesito en este momento de emergencia?

Las declaraciones de emergencia del gobernador desencadenan una ley estatal que prohíbe las ganancias excesivas durante las emergencias. Los infractores pueden estar sujetos a multas u otras acciones del Departamento de Protección al Consumidor y la Oficina del Fiscal General. Para obtener información sobre cómo presentar una queja, haga clic aquí..

Me preocupa no poder pagar las primas de mi seguro. ¿Cualquier alivio?

El Comisionado de Seguros ha pedido a las compañías que emiten cualquier tipo de seguro en Connecticut (seguros de vida, salud, automóvil, propiedad, accidentes y otros tipos de seguros) que brinden a sus asegurados al menos un período de gracia de 60 días para pagar las primas de  seguro de modo que las pólizas sean no cancelado por falta de pago.

Tengo otras necesidades familiares que este blog no ha abordado. ¿A dónde voy?

United Way 211 de Connecticut  puede contestar preguntas sobre qué recursos estatales existen para satisfacer muchas otras necesidades, así como otras preguntas no médicas que pueda tener sobre la pandemia de COVID-19.

Reconozca que esta crisis está afectando a todos en el estado, por lo que puede ser más difícil llegar a las personas y algunos programas pueden verse abrumados o incluso cerrados.