Connecticut Voices for Children hosted our 18th Annual Budget Forum on December 13th in the Old Judiciary Room at the Capitol, from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
Our annual forum is a must-attend event before the release of the state budget. On this event, we explored some of the most pressing budgetary issues and suggested evidence-based policy solutions, including:
- The impact of Connecticut's constitutional spending cap on the state's future
- Building a biennial budget under the four new budget caps: the law of unintended consequences
- Creating equitable opportunities for children in the new budget
- Elizabeth McNichol, Senior Fellow, Center for Budget and Policy Priorities
- Secretary Benjamin Barnes, Office of Policy and Management
- Comptroller Kevin Lembo
You can watch the budget forum on its entirety online at CT-N:
Click on the links below to download the slides for each of the presentations:
- Elizabeth McNichol – Impact of Connecticut’s Constitutional Spending Cap on Connecticut’s Future
- Rachel Silbermann & Sam Whipple – Budgeting under the new caps: The law of unintended consequences
- Kevin Lembo – Views on Volatility
- Legislative Response Panel questions.