It was standing room only at Connecticut Voices’ “Success Beyond 18” conference on December 6. The conference, sponsored by Connecticut Voices for Children, the Jim Casey Youth Opportunities Initiative, and the Center for Children’s Advocacy, was an opportunity to discuss how we can ensure that Connecticut youth emerge from foster care with the skills and strengths necessary to succeed in their adult lives.
Video, photos, and handouts from the event are below.
Video and photos
Watch our video of selected highlights of the event
Watch our video of interviews with youth about what they need to prepare for life beyond foster care and to transition successfully to adulthood.
Watch the full video of the event, courtesy of the CT Network
Also see photos of the event on our Flickr page!
- Success Beyond 18. Fact sheet from Connecticut Voices for Children.
- Foster Care to 21: Doing it Right. Issue brief from Jim Casey Youth Opportunities Initiative.
- Research on the Transition to Adulthood from Out-of-Home Care (PDF). Presentation by Mark E. Courtney, University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration
- California’s Fostering Connections to Success Act (PDF). Presentation by Leslie Heimov and Lindsay Elliot, Children’s Law Center of California
- Implementing Fostering Connections: The Pennsylvania Approach (PDF). Presentation by Cathy Utz and TaWonda Jones Williams, Pennsylvania Dept. of Public Welfaire, Office of Children, Youth and Families
- Resources and Publications. Summary of related resources from CT Voices for Children.